Thursday, August 12, 2010

Beach Layouts

ahhh sweet summertime! when your pictures are sunny & the water is a gorgeous blue!  Our family really loves the beach/lake/any body of water (well, the kids and hubby love it - I am a little terrified of deep water) so I stay dry and take ALOT of pics:-)

Using the great Summertime line from Little Yellow Bicycle called "Boardwalk" I scrapped a bunch of pictures from one of our Sundays at the beach at Dorothy Lake in the Whiteshell.




Dain had really become comfortable in the water this year, and I wanted to make a note about that. So the journaling is around the pictures to make sure I get it in.  As well, these pictures are not perfect (a little blurry) but I wanted to make sure that I captured his "adventures on the tube" despite the fact I had to zoom in alot, keep my hand steady, as well as deal with the rocking waves.  I am okay with that:-)





I used Co-ordinations cardstock for the background of this layout, what I love about this stuff is the "colored core". What this means is if you distress the cardstock in any way (I took a nail file to it:-) the lighter color of the core comes through, giving the background some variation and visual interest... and look I finally made it on a layout, how can you tell my hubby took this pic all you see is my butt!!!- it's supposed to be me and Aubrey on the blanket (she's the one under the pink)  - loving the pic of Dain relaxing - and the Boardwalk letters stickers were perfect!  the large scallops are my good old circle punch - circles cut in half:-)












I love the blue background, it makes the pictures of the water just jump off the page!!!

A closer look at the details, October Afternoon journal sticker on a Jillibean sprout - the rows of patterned paper with border punch details... The Title Sticker - so easy!





There you have it - I think I have a few more layouts in me for this line, the more I played with it, the more I was in love with the fun bright patterns, the accents and stickers....hmmm maybe a mini-book about summer at the lake...I will play a little more and see:-) 

Happy Scrappin!
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment