Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Heritage fun...

keeping up with the current photos and life is never ending...with all the great "Vintage"patterns and fun paper the last little while that has come into the store...I wanted to play with some old photos.
I do not have very many pictures of myself growing up, just a few have popped up here and there, and what there is, they are all in magnetic albums - and stuck!  So I took the albums to our Staples here in town, marked the pages I wanted copied onto photo paper with Sticky notes, and wow - great photo copies of the originals that are true to color and photo safe!

Here is how they come when copied -

I just cut them apart at this point, and add them to my layouts.
Here is a layout I did using the "Thrift Shop" line from October Afternoon (paper and stickers)- LOVE that huge flower from Prima, and the brad is from Girls Paperie line.




Here is another layout I had fun with (so often you will have only one photo - 100's were not taken as they are now with digital)  This chair paper I picked up in the Winkler store, My Scrap Shoppe - I just never got it in yet when I saw it, I knew it was perfect for this photo...flower was Prima again, woodgrain button is "Flair" by American Crafts, ribbon and letters are all in the store (Studio Calico -newsprint & Cosmo Cricket - mini)


Journaling says - I am not sure of my age in this photo-but I am thinking less than 2 years old. I like the way my dad is smiling at me-like I told him a joke or something, I wonder what we talked about while we shared a cuddle in  "this Chair for Two"

We have such great suff in the store to compliment your old photos today, remember, working with older photos is a fun change from keeping up with the "everyday life" photos, changing gears can sometimes help get you out of a creative rut...and make you excited about this great and fun hobby!

ttyl,

Sharon

1 comment:

  1. Those papers are perfect for the vintage look! Gerat job :)

    ReplyDelete