Tuesday, August 24, 2010

more boy ideas....


I hear it all the time, I NEED ideas for boy pages...in a scrapbook world of flowers and rhinestones what do I do???

Here is what you do -
1.play with letter stickers - give x-tra ompfff to your title by changing things up and use 2 or more fonts
2.layer embellishments - I love this "collage" look of just a bunch of layered "stuff" to add to the page
3.use metal -now I do not have metal on this page, but it makes for a GREAT masculine detail, a metal brad, or even better a grouping of 3 brads is awesome - Marilyn(co-worker at the store) always says a page needs something shiny:-)
4.mat your photos - something as simple as a photo mat adds a little color, and gives your pictures some "POP"
5.tags, tickets, date and label stickers are your friend, use them, write on them or just layer them up - see#2
6. add a border, a border is a simple - yet interesting detail you can use  - choose a punch that is not to "girly" or better yet - buy the Bazzill 12" borders we have in     the store for only $3.99.

ps - check out the blue and brown rhinestones I added to this page - it doesn't even look to girly!!! sorry pic is a little blurry - I took this while standing on a little stool - I must have been losing my balance!!

pss - are those big letters not great(words BOY ; BOAT)!!! Please come and buy them, I have like 20 of them in the store and they are only $1.99, so cheap, so come on, buy them for your next boy layout!! There is really great ones in a Ledger design as well...hmmmm gotta use those on a school page or something:-)
ttyl,S

No comments:

Post a Comment