Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Grundgeboard Mini album


I guess I am just in a Mini Album kind of mood these days:-)  Been busy creating and having fun, this album is a take on a class I took in Feb 2010, I played with the ideas and techniques and came up with this version of the album to teach here at the store.  Now I am so sad to say that this Bracket Album, has been discontinued:-(  however I am working on another version of this album in the 6x6 square and the Timepiece line
to create something fun for the ladies in Red Lake at the Mining for Memories convention!

But in the meantime, here is the book I "played with"
 Cover - printed paper, used Tim Holtx (TH) mask for flourish, wrinkled distress technique on paper border, colored bird, flower & tag with Distress inks.
 Page 2- used a wrinkle free distress technique for the left side (this was white paper to start) Websters beautiful patterned paper is used throughout the book.
 Webster's paper, butterfly's punched with 3 different Martha Stewart punches (Double Monarch, Classic & die-cut butterfly)
 This page, just two colors of distressing inks, using the ink blending tool. Then stamped with other colors.
 More blending of distress inks, used another TH mask, stamped sentiment and then embossed with Distress embossing powder, more stamps more ink, and those little glass looking dots are Dew Drops (loving these).

Inked up a stamp with 5-7 different colors of ink, spritzed with a mini mister and stamped (produces a watercolor effect) used the flourish mask again to create some layers of color.
 
inked the whole back page with vintage photo distress ink, then used the mask again and went over the mask with Chipped Saphire, then stamped some images in Walnut Stain. The flower is the tattered Florals die cut out of Grungeboard, inked, embossed and used distress stain on the flowers to give them color and texture.

We there you go, a crash course in distressing...I  will post the Timepiece album when I am done - just waiting for that 6x6 paper pad to arrive at the store so I can get busy:-)
I hope you feel inspired!
S

No comments:

Post a Comment