Monday, January 7, 2013

My Family Yearbook - Project Life

Happy New Year!
This is a year of new beginnings - every Jan I feel like it's another opportunity to do what I did last year...only better!
I usually choose a Word for my year - this idea is used and promoted by Ali Edwards, she does a great workshop, etc. If you are interested in getting to that point - I choose my word and try to work it into my life and scrapbooks as the year goes on.
This year my word is "balance"

To balance my life between family, work, life & God-this is an ongoing job for me...I feel like as a store owner I need to make great samples and offer great inspiration, I feel that as a mom, I need to give 100+% to my family, I feel I need to volunteer and give time to my church - I feel like I need to be a great friend, etc.
See balance!

I also feel like I am behind on documenting my kids lives, our family lives - and this is what I really struggle with, because in the midst of all my obligations, this is something that is soo important to me!
So enters Project life - 

What is it?
How does it Work?
What do I need to do?


Becky Higgins - is kind of the Founder of the Project Life movement - so to speak, but what I love about it is how you can make it fit your life...document and tell your story in a way that is simple or detailed - in a time frame that suits your life!
 
Here is how she talks about it...

Project Life is a solution-based approach to scrapbooking that was created to simplify the process in order to allow you more time to enjoy life! It requires no glue, no scissors, no tools, and no skills of any kind. The design of our products takes the guess work out of layout design so that you can focus on recording your everyday moments through your photos and journaling. The simple design is stylish and makes it possible for you to complete more pages in less time.
Becky Higgins, creator of Project Life, is a busy wife and mother who is passionate about capturing the little bits of life, and she's making it easy for others to do the same. "It's called Project LIFE because it's about YOUR LIFE. Whatever your life is. Whatever your stage of life. Whatever your family circumstances. Whatever your lifestyle. Project Life is designed to help anyone + everyone get their pictures into a book,"

We had Ange Drolet - pop into both stores in December and talk about this way of Scrapbooking - she has been doing this for 2 years and has a great approach an attitude towards it - She refers to her book as "My Family Yearbook" and I LOVE that!! Isn't this why we scrapbook? I don't know about your but I have Birthday party photos from 3 years ago still sitting on my computer!!

Here is how I think it will work for me -
Ok - template, I am planning to change it up - I am using the 4x6 + 3x4 page protector from Echo park this month...thinking about something different for Feb - Marcy Penner (Hello Forever) blog has some great printable templates for journaling and for planning out printing pictures for your page protectors, I did not print them out yet - but they are bookmarked in case I need them ( They are geared for the Actual Becky Paper protectors - but so many other companies have ones that are set up the same way!)

I am using a Photo365 App on my iphone, I like it because I can take the photo and add it to the calendar for a day or...just take the photo from the App....I have not printed from the App yet - so I will have to see how that goes.
As for Journalling - I know this is where my struggle will lie, so I found another great App on someone's Blog - It is called Momento - what I like about it is that I can journal wherever I am & it also takes my Facebook Statuses and adds them to my journaling for the same day! Super cool! Not sure if you are using an Iphone as part of your Project Life - but I think these tools will make it doable for me:-)
***since writing this post I have discovered I cannot print off of Momento - so now I am looking for a another journaling app - I will keep a notebook in my purse as well...


I have been collecting ideas on Pinterest:-)

I have been getting organized in my own Scrapbook room...

I have been making my own Week cards.

I have been having fun using photo programs in Picasa


This is the process - keep watching and I promise I will be posting album as I go along with this journey of finding balance in my life to Scrapbook my daily life:-)

I hope you feel Inspired!
S



No comments:

Post a Comment