Monday, October 15, 2012

October KOTM

so October is halfway done - but your KOTM is here! We are going to try for a mid-month format for a while, hopefully getting the date a little sooner to the 10th - my life is just too crazy at the end and beginning of a new month - so I have to choose what I can do and do well...I can do the KOTM well if I change the release date...so here you go:-)

don't you just LOVE Instagram!!



The October Kit of the Month – “Portfolio”
This month’s kit includes the following
6 Sheets of Bazzill 12x12 Cardstock in the following colors
Lakeshore, Spring Willow Medium, Cobblestone Dark, Cobblestone Light(2) and Natural.
6 Sheets of Patterned 12x12 Paper from Pink Paislee (2), October Afternoon (2), My Mind’s Eye (1) & Studio Calico (1)
Lots of Lovely Embellishments are included-
Full package of Bo-Bunny Lace
Full set of Alphabeans (alpha stickers) from Jillibean
1 Border Sticker, 3 Vintage Buttons or wooden numbers,1 brad, 2- stacked stickers(assorted) – Crate paper
1 metre Yellow & White twine – Twinery
Washi Tape – Bella Blvd
4 Journal Labels, 1 arrow & 1 stacked sticker (assorted)– Pink paislee
1 label stamp – Studio Calico, 1 clip & 3 Die-cuts(assorted)– My Mind’s Eye


Here are some layouts and cards I whipped up with this kit!!
 These pics had been in my stash for a while - Aubrey's 1st movie experience - in the Steinbach Theatre (which is closed now:-(  ) Cars2 was the movie - and she fell asleep almost immedately after the previews!




 loving those little journal tabs - Pink Paislee (24 in a package)
 started up the sewing machine for a little detail - and the white dots are Mr. Huey's - Calico White



ok this layout was FUN - I took a pair of scissors and forced it through the paper from the backside...and then when I flipped it over I distressed it with some Vintage Photo Ink and my blending tool!

The label stamp is from Studio Calico - stamped in Archival Black

The arrow is new from Pink Paislee - Artisan series, you ink or spray them and they have a built in resist pattern on every piece - they come in butterflies too!!

 a little tuck and layer

 "D" for Dain:-)

 pretty simple layout - used the Natural cardstock as a mat around each photo, the little labels for Legoland and May 2012 are both the Studio Calico stamp again.


 Used the Alphabeans stickers overtop of the Washi tape - cool look!

 just a few cards with my leftover goodies:-)

 no - I do not sew straight!!



 1 more layout - 8.5x11


this pattern is the backside of the black and white dot in the kit 

 the able label sticker  - not in kit - but it suited the layout!



You are awesome too!!
I hope this kit inspires you to scrap and create this month too!!

S

2 comments:

  1. Sharon, these are great! You do indeed just gotta do what ya need to do when the time is right for you. I have just been wondering about maybe taking advantage of a kit as a change of inspiration. Do I need to subscribe or are they available in the Steinbach shop for pick up? How much is a kit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. KOTM is $30.00 - always the value is more than that!
    What I love about it that you can add some fun items OR you can challenge yourself to create ONLY using the items in the KIT:-)
    Let me know if I should hold one for you!

    ReplyDelete