Thursday, June 3, 2010

Layout ideas...


I have a confession to make, I am obsessed with white flowers...don't get me wrong, I LOVE color - but when it comes to my yard, it's white or nothing...went to the greenhouse this afternoon and these are the newest blossoms to add to my collection of white:-) It took me 8 years to get a white garden of my dreams at my old house, we have now been at this house for 2 years and I need to start all over again...But the end result is sooo worth it!

I promised some more "masculine" layouts, though girly stuff is soo fun:-) here is a couple of 12x12 pages I have done in the last little while-
This one is a layout using Bo-Bunny's paradise line... I thought it was perfect for this picture my honey and I took in the Bahamas on a cruise a few years ago!
the typing was done on my old typewriter that was a find at the local mcc store - I love the look of imperfection and yet, it is much neater than my own handwriting!  the bling, stickers, paper and rub-ons were all from the same line.

This line from Fancy Pants is also so masculine - I had to "scrap" these pics of my hubby and kids playing...he will literally throw them on the bed, on the pillows, and kids just can't get enough... using the Glitter-cuts in this layout, which are clear overlays with a little bit of sparkle, and you get 5-8 of them on a 12x12 sheet, so they are great value, and really help add a little pizazz to you layouts!









The paper here was cut around the floral design and then placed overlapping the photos, pop-dots are along the edge to give it a little 3D effect.




















This is the same Fancy Pants line as above "Family Ties"
using the Glitter-Cuts from the same package, I attached the kids with mini glue-dots.  The scallop circle border is a circle punch and I cut all the circles in half.  The dot or "splatter" detail is a bit of glimmer mist.

Using the same paper line with co-ordinating accents can really help with your page planning, I love to plan a couple of pages and feel like I am "using up" my stuff. That way if use all my glitter-cuts or rub-ons on a couple of layouts, I am done with it, it does not take up any more space and I have an excuse to get something new!!!

ttyl,

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment